The L.H. Jenkins book bindery building as it appeared in
Richmond Magazine, March, 1930. Drawing by Charles W Smith.
(click for larger view)
The L.H. Jenkins bookbinder building was completed in 1922 with the right wing addition designed by Richmond architect Charles M. Robinson. The main building on the left was completed in 1902. The bindery building stands at 2201 W. Broad Street. The L.H. Jenkins firm was begun ca. 1900 - he had been in the business for almost two decades prior to that. The image of Luther Howard Jenkins (1856-1935?) and the original factory (seen below) are from Richmond, City on the James: The Book of its Chamber of Commerce and Principal Business Interests, published 1902-3 and found on Google Books. In the early 1980s the building was converted to office space. Numerous businesses are now located in this building. The hard working staff of Richmond Magazine (the current incarnation) also work out of this building, including some guy with a hat.
Images from Richmond, City on the James: The Book of its Chamber of Commerce and Principal Business Interests, published 1902-3 and found on Google Books.