Images from the 1968 RPI Cobblestone Year Book.
Here's a blurb from VCU Libraries about a new online resource you may find of interest:
VCU yearbooks and alumni publications from both campuses are now available online. The VCU Libraries has digitized yearbooks and alumni publications published by Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU) from both the Monroe Park Campus and the MCV Campus and from its predecessors Richmond Professional Institute (RPI) and the Medical College of Virginia (MCV). The original yearbooks are housed in the Special Collections and Archives' departments of VCU Libraries' James Branch Cabell Library (Monroe Park Campus library) and Tompkins-McCaw Library (MCV campus)..
Funded by the VCU Libraries, this exciting project was made possible in part through the LYRASIS Mass Digitization Collaborative, a Sloan Foundation grant-subsidized program that has made digitization easy and affordable for libraries and cultural institutions across the country.
Through the Collaborative's partnership with the Internet Archive, all items were scanned from cover-to-cover and in full color. You can choose from a variety of formats, page through a book choosing the "read online" option, download the PDF, or search the full text version.
Yearbooks in the collection are:
- The Wigwam (RPI, 1931-1955)
- Cobblestone (RPI, 1956-1968; VCU, 1969-1973)
- Cobblestone yearbook, 1956-1973 (VCU, commemorative volume issued in 1974)
- Commonwealth (VCU, 1979-1980)
- The Rampages (VCU, 1989-1990)
- The X-Ray (MCV, 1913-2010)There were no VCU yearbooks from 1974 to 1978 or from 1981-1988. After 1990, the VCU yearbook was no longer published. The MCV yearbook ceased publication in the spring of 2010.
Alumni magazines in the collection are:
- VCU Magazine (1971-1993): alumni magazine for the Monroe Park Campus
- Shafer Court Connections (1994-2010): alumni magazine for the Monroe Park Campus
- The Scarab (1952-2010): alumni magazine for the MCV CampusTo view the collections, go to http://www.archive.org/details/virginiacommonwealthuniversity. From there, you can browse by subject or keyword to get to the exact publication you want. Additional locally digitized publications are available from VCU Libraries Digital Collections, a growing resource for the VCU and global communities.