The Purity Baking Co. of Richmond, Virginia
laid its cornerstone for its building on the 200 block
of W. Cary St. (corner of W. Cary and S. Jefferson) in 1914.
This area of Richmond was the location for a number of bakeries over the years.
(click on each image for a larger view)
A close-up of the cornerstone - turned upside.
A 2013 view of the same location (99 years later), corner of W. Cary St. and S. Jefferson St..