Sunday, October 27, 2013

Lou Reed

Yes. I know. Lou Reed has nothing to do with a history blog on Richmond, Virginia. He was most associated with New York City but like any real artist his work was universal. I'm a fan and its my web site. And I'll do what I want.

I saw Reed at the Mosque with a dear friend in the late 1980s. He played the National here in Richmond just a few years ago - wish I had gone to that. Here is "Sweet Jane" from December 21, 1973 from a concert at the Academy of Music in NYC. That's Stephen Hunter on guitar. This recording was released the following year on Rock 'N Roll Animal. Here's what the AP has to say about Reed today. More about Lou here.

- Ray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those were the days. Lou Reed was like an island on that stage. Fortunate to hear Kirsty MacColl sing "perfect day" on a St Patricks in late 90s. Most memorable vocal. Most memorable song.