Harvey L. Page and William Winthrop Kent designed Lewis Ginter's mansion at 901 W. Franklin Street - what we call Ginter House at VCU. Page and Kent, then based in Washington, D.C., proposed this Richardsonian design for a proposed hotel in Richmond - one that Lewis Ginter would fund.Their design was not selected.
The Jefferson Hotel was completed in 1895 and designed by a New York architectural firm, Carrere and Hastings.
The image above is a rare view of Ginter House, ca. 1890s.
Learn more about the architectural history of the Jefferson Hotel HERE. - Ray