Thursday, May 12, 2016

Layton's Studio photographs,, Richmond, Virginia, 1926.

This photograph proof (and the second one below) were sent through the mail in June of 1926 from the Layton's Studio photographers of 507 E. Broad Street to a Mrs. N. Blakemore of 15 E. Grace Street - about 5 blocks away. Nine decades later they ended up for sale on Ebay and I purchased them for a very modest sum. 

This is one of two images sent to  Mrs. N. Blakemore.




Front of the envelope - mailed June 1926 - nearly 90 years ago.


Back of the envelope.

I love their motto:
"IF YOU HAVE BEAUTY, WE TAKE IT.
IF NOT, WE MAKE IT."

- Ray

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a Photo of my Grandfather taken by Layton Studios...
It was taken in 1914, and it shows Layton's address as 417 E. Broad Street, in Richmond

Ray said...

Very neat. thanks.

B Evans said...

Hello, I also have a photo of my great grandparents from 1914 , that shows the address as 417 E. Broad St. Would love to know if they may he connected in some way. Please contact me at bme_804@yahoo.com and I'll send over the picture/s. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have a portrait of a small child, maybe 3 years old, from Layton Studios.
It was turned into a postcard. I know it's a family member, but have no clue who.
Anyone keep records? Like an ancestor of those who owned it?