Click twice on the image for a much larger view.
Here's a popular Richmond image - it is Richmond from Church Hill (not Oregon Hill, as the label at the Library of Congress says), looking west, April 1865. This LINK gives you access to the image from the Library of Congress and includes a much larger TIFF image.
Here's what the Library of Congress says about the image:
- Title: Richmond, from Oregon Hill [NOT CORRECT], April 1865
- Creator(s): Russell, Andrew J., photographer
- Date Created/Published: 1865 April.
- Medium: 1 photographic print : albumen.
- Summary: Photograph shows an aerial view of Richmond, Virginia.
- Part of: Russell, Andrew J. Military installations, activities, and views, Washington, D.C., Richmond, Va., and vicinity
- Reproduction Number: LC-DIG-ppmsca-08222 (digital file from original photograph) LC-B8184-10228 (b&w film copy neg.)
- Rights Advisory: No known restrictions on publication.
- Call Number: LOT 11486-A, no. 1 [P&P]
- Repository: Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA
- Title from item.